About WINDX (AURA 4.0) – Distortion Measurement
The WINDX system is a real time windshield distortion measurement system installed at the end of the production line which operates at full production speed.
WINDX is a field proven, patented measurement and yield management solution that provides fully automated, non-contact measurement of optical distortion in automotive glass.
An offline version is used in a laboratory environment for in-depth analysis (WINDX Lab).
These systems are operating in automotive glass manufacturing factories worldwide.
- Distortion measurement precision of up to 5 milli-diopters (mdpt) for windshields, backlites and sidelites
- Unique software algorithm providing enhanced tolerance to dirt, dust or defrost lines
- Industry-leading less than 15 sec cycle time
- Various measurement statistics (maximum value and position, maximum Rate of Change (ROC) value and position, average and standard deviation)
- Reliable and repeatable horizontal/vertical optical distortion measurement
- Provide real-time process feedback
- Robust solution for industrial environment as a result of high tolerance to dust or dirt marks commonly found on a production floor
- No costly recalls and ensures consistent distortion tolerances